Rwanga Foundation has organized Mathematics Competition where students compete to win the title of the ‘Mathematics Champion’ in Erbil.
One hundred sixty-nine students from grades ten participated the Rwanga’s Mathematics Competition in 2019. Five students selected for the final round of the competition.
- Shahnaz Imad, Erbil Primary School for Girls
- Vesta Ferhan, Qalai-Bahradaran Primary School
- Lavin Dler, Mahmud Zandar Primary School
- Nza Wshyar, Chro Primary School for Girls
- Nwa Hemn, Guli Zard Primary School
Our aim is to increase the students’ drive to engage with Mathematics. Our aim is to organize this competition across the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.AbdulSalam Medeni, Chief Executive Director, Rwanga Foundation
Vesta Ferhan, the first-place winner of the competition, has been awarded a $2,000 prize, and one-week educational trip to abroad. The second-place winner Nza Wshyar has been awarded a $1,500 prize, and Nwa Hemn won $1,000 for the third-place.